Internet of Things (IoT) is one of the hottest topic in the field of communications and computing. Many cloud providers offers cloud/edge services for IoT, to handle big data, to apply AI technologies, to support massive IoT devices, and to provide low-latency control. At the same time 5G cellular networks have Massive IoT as reference scenario, for which a huge number of smart sensors/actuators must be connected with low latency. Cloud and edge computing on the one and 5G on the other hand push for an IoT cloud continuum aimed at simplifying the integration, development and delivery processes of future, cloud-native, IoT applications, also considering related security and privacy issues.
There are many alternatives for cloud and networking services and technologies in forming cloud continuum for IoT. The objectives of this workshop are to create a forum for researchers and practitioners to discuss issues in applying cloud/edge computing and AI technologies to IoT systems, in networking IoT devices and federating IoT systems, and in development of IoT services exploiting the computing and networking capabilities of IoT systems, and to set a direction in forming a cloud continuum where IoT systems work together towards well-being of humankind.
The following list important dates:
- Deadline for paper submission:
September 18, 2020 (Anywhere on Earth)Thursday September 24, 2020 (UTC) !!! Extended !!!
- Paper acceptance notification: October 9, 2020
- Workshop date: November 16, 2020
Topics of Interest
Original papers are welcome on (but not limited to) the following cloud continuum services for smart IoT systems:
- Cloud/edge computing platform and services for IoT applications
- Computing continuum and IoT
- Cloud-native IoT applications
- Performance evaluation of IoT cloud and networking platforms
- Light virtualization technologies for constrained devices
- Application of machine learning and AI in cloud-native IoT systems
- Testbeds, prototypes, and field trials of smart IoT systems, including smart city, agriculture, metering, safety, and health
- IoT security and privacy of IoT devices and services
- Security protocols for IoT in 5G
- Blockchain-based IoT applications
- 5G Networks, IoT and Tactile Internet
- Network services for massive IoT
- Application of Information Centric Networking in IoT applications